MLB The Show 21 Update 1.17 Patch Notes And Maintenance Schedule (October 5)
MLB The Show 21 has received yet another update for the game, this time known as update 1.17, and we have the patch notes and maintenance schedule associated with said update now.
The MLB playoffs are about to kick off later today, moving into the postseason after a fantastic regular season of play.
Playoffs almost always provide some of the best baseball of the season and that is bound to bring players back to MLB The Show 21 just around the time for this new update.
- MORE: The MLB Run It Back Choice Pack returned last week.
MLB The Show 21 Update 1.17 Patch Notes
This latest update for MLB The Show is update 17 for the game, also known as 1.17 on PS4, 01.017.000 on PS5, and 18.104.22.168 on Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One.
As we are getting pretty late in the life of MLB The Show 21 overall, the updates are not all that content packed.
In fact, this one is more about balancing and fixes in a few areas, which you can see the full patch notes for below or on the official MLB The Show 21 website.
- The PCI range and sensitivity has been increased to reach the corners of the zone. This is most noticeable on Hall of Fame and Legend difficulties.
- Increased the difficulty for Pinpoint Pitching on Competitive Settings and Legend difficulty (in all modes). The gesture, release timing and direction now have a less lenient criteria for ‘Good’ and ‘Perfect’ pitches when using competitive gameplay style settings.
- From the devs: After reviewing the feedback and data since UPDATE 11, we believe Pinpoint is still a little bit too easy right now in a competitive setting. Like before, this change will make the timing window for “Good” and “Perfect” slightly more difficult to achieve.
Challenge of the Week
- Fixed the stats displayed for Shohei Ohtani and Ramon Laureano in the pre-game screen.
- Players now display the correct MLB Stats in the Player Cards and on Score Bug in Exhibition Live Roster games.
- Fixed a bug where settings would reset (including Dynamic Difficulty) when players would exit an offline game.
When Is The MLB The Show 21 Maintenance For The Update?
Ahead of update 1.17 dropping for MLB The Show 21, there will be server downtime for the game.
This downtime will begin at 4 am PT today, October 5, and will run until they are done with it. This typically takes a number of hours to complete, but there is no set amount of time that it takes for their maintenance.
Unlike the previous maintenance for the game that occurred last week, this one actually has an update coming alongside it with MLB The Show 21 update 1.17, which you should find available as soon as the servers as back up.
Just make sure to have your game updates on your respective platforms before trying to play after the servers are back up or you may lose any progress. The same goes for making sure you are not in the middle of something in the game when the maintenance is about to start, as you’ll lose any XP and stubs that you had earned.