MLB The Show 22 Update 6 Patch Notes (May 20)
More gameplay improvements for MLB The Show 22!
MLB The Show 22 Update 6 refines some gameplay mechanics and fixes minor issues with Mini Season, Diamond Dynasty, Co-op, and the Franchise mode. Let’s have a look at the patch notes for more details on the changes.
Since the official MLB season started not long ago, there is so much excitement up ahead for the fans as we are almost at the beginning of the path to playoffs.
This already means a lot of players have already started their career in MLB The Show 22, and its servers are expected to get more crowded as we get closer to the end of this season in Fall 2022.
- CHECK THIS OUT: The Legend of Zelda BOTW Gets Amazing Visual Enhancement on PC
As a result, we can expect developers to care more about the game and release new content and hotfix updates more regularly to keep the experience up-to-date and wipe out the issues.
Today’s update is more of a hotfix for all platforms. Check out the full patch notes down below:
MLB The Show 22 Update 6 Patch Notes
- Hitters will have slightly less foul ball coverage, resulting in more swing and misses.
- Fixed a freeze that could occur on foul tips that bounced near the catcher.
- Users are now limited to pressing R2 to view pitch types once per pitch, for up to three seconds.
- Wind has been turned off in Online Rated games.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the “Can’t Pitch” icon to become stuck on screen.
- On balls hit in the air where runners stop to see if it is landing or getting caught, instead of going back to the previous base, runners will advance ONE base when the ball is clearly not going to be caught by the outfielder.
- Adjustments made to gesture timing for splitters and sinkers when using Pinpoint pitching. Splitters now have a more lenient criteria for perfect pitches, while sinkers now have a less lenient criteria for perfect pitches.
- Fixed an issue which allowed a pitcher to get into a position player slot in the lineup.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the away team to always wear home uniforms.
- Improvements made to game stability.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the substitution prompt to display for the incorrect user.
- If a user changes from a two-way to a one-way player the correct archetype will now be available in the loadout screen. Any missing archetypes prior to this update should now display correctly.
FRANCHISE AND MARCH TO OCTOBER
- Minor improvements made to two-way player logic.
Keep in mind that the update will be launched today (May 20) at 4 am PT/7 am ET/11 am UTC/12 pm BST/1 pm CEST. No server downtime has been specified for today’s update.
MLB The Show 22 is now available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and Nintendo Switch. It’s worth noting that you can play it for free through Xbox Game Pass.