Modder Finds E3 2012 Graphical Effects in Watch_Dogs Game Files, Releases Patch to Enable Them
Many of the original graphical effects from the Watch_Dogs reveal at E3 have been discovered in the PC version’s game files by modder TheWorse.
As spotted on NeoGAF, already a fair number of the effects have been enabled by his patch including improved rain and headlight visuals.
- Changes to the default fog values
- Enabled bokeh DOF for the main cameras
- E3 2012 Bloom
- Performance Improvements
- Enabled Headlight Shadows
- LoD Changes
- Reflection changes
- Added 3 new cameras to the game(closer, normal, further)
- Rain changes(High quality rain drops, properly reacting to light, etc)
- Lighting changes(TESTING AND WIP)
- Civilians density changes
The modder expects to have other settings available in the future as he continues to dig through the game files.
Playing with this version of the game does require a high level rig, but some gamers have reported that the overall impact on performance is tolerable. In addition, the patch actually fixes some issues with stuttering present in the base game.
Check out some screenshots from the graphically improved version of the game below.