It’s Wednesday, and like every Wednesday, it’s time for the Media Create software and hardware charts directly from Japan. Guess what’s on top of the charts again this week? Easy guess: Monster Hunter 4.
That said, without further ado, let’s take a look at the charts between September the 30th and December the 6th (lifetime numbers are within parenthesis).
- Monster Hunter 4 – 3Ds – 140,538 (2,542,615)
- Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate – PS3 – 24,612 (105,010)
- Armored Core: Verdict Day – PS3 – 14,622 (73,806)
- The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki – PS3 – 12,734 (80,452)
- The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki – PS Vita – 11,092 (92,713)
- Tomodachi Collection: New Life – 3DS – 7,922 (1,458,442)
- Youkai Watch – 3DS – 6,964 (194,790)
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 3DS – 6,586 (3,431,589)
- Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate – PS Vita – 6,538 (32,021)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD – Wii U – 6,210 (36,474)
And here are the hardware charts:
- 3DS LL – 85,885
- 3DS – 37,102
- PS3 – 10,232
- PSP – 4,093
- Wii U – 4,001
- Vita – 3,538
- Wii – 914
- Xbox 360 – 354
This is probably the last week of dominance of Monster Hunter 4, as Pokémon X and Y is going to be released next week, which also means that 3DS sales are going to skyrocket again (not that they’re low now, quite the opposite in fact).
Unfortunately not all news are good for Nintendo, as Zelda drops to the bottom of the top ten, and Wii U sales keep sliding. On the other hand the usual bunch of unsinkable 3DS games that keep selling despite being months old makes the picture brighter for Kyoto’s historical game publisher.
To complete the picture on the PlayStation side of things, Musou Orochi 2, Armored Core: Verdict Day and The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki continue selling with a good momentum, even if they don’t really manage to drive much in terms of hardware sales, as the PS3 is on its way to be replaced by the PS4 and the new PCH-2000 version of the PS Vita is going to be released tomorrow. We’ll soon see if Japanese gamers will welcome it warmly or not.
Finally, on the Xbox side of the trench… Yeah, let’s not talk about that…