Monster Hunter Dominates and Driveclub Fails to Make the Top Ten in Major Japanese Retailer’s Charts
Like every week, the major Japanese retailer Tsutaya published its chart to give us a glimpse on what games achieved the best sales in Japan last week. This time around we get to witness the obvious domination of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and the debut performance of Driveclub.
Here’s the full chart:
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate – 3DS
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS – 3DS
- Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX – PS3
- Youkai Watch 2: Honke – 3DS
- FIFA 15 – PS3
- Youkai Watch 2: Ganso – 3DS
- FIFA 15 – PS4
- Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo – Danganronpa Another Episode – PS Vita
- Forbidden Magna – 3DS
- Destiny – PS3
- Nazotoki Battle TORE! Densetsu no Mamiya o Fukkatsu sa Seyo! – 3DS
- Driveclub – PS4
- FIFA 15 – PS Vita
- The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki 2 – PS Vita
- Dragon Quest X – 3DS
- The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki 2 – PS3
- Destiny – PS4
- Youkai Watch – 3DS
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution – PS3
- Majinbon Jikan to Kukan no Majin – 3DS
While Tsutaya’s chart is related only to the retailer’s sales, due to the number of shops involved it’s considered a good indication on what we’ll see on Wednesday with the Media Create charts.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate‘s domination was absolutely obvious, while Smash Bros. Kingdom Hearts and Youkai Watch 2 hold strong close to the top of the chart. FIFA 15 gets a rather mild debut in 5th for PS3 and 7th for PS4, considering how the Japanese love soccer.
Driveclub definitely has a slow start, especially given how much Japanese gamers love racing game. A debut in 12th place isn’t exactly encouraging, and has possibly been influenced by the game’s ongoing connectivity problems which were already in full swing when it launched in Japan.