Monster Hunter World on PC Is Getting Free High Resolution Texture DLC
Monster Hunter World is about to look a whole lot prettier on PC.
Monster Hunter World PC players can expect to take full advantage of their rigs with the game’s upcoming higher resolution texture DLC. Capcom announced the DLC via the game’s official Steam page. You’ll be able to download the pack when it launches on April 4. Capcom also released a new screenshot showing off some improved textures that you can check out below.
Alongside the DLC pack, update 5.2 will launch as well, you can check out the patch notes below:
– Added support for High Resolution Texture Pack DLC.
You can change to high resolution in-game textures by downloading
this pack as free DLC from the Steam store.
Note: The High Resolution Texture Pack requires at least 40GB of
free space and 8GB of graphic memory (VRAM). We will provide
more detailed information on the system requirements after the update.
– Added a “TAA+FXAA” option to Anti-Aliasing in the Advanced Graphics Settings.
– When selecting “Take All” at the rewards screen after completing a quest, a list of all items received will now be displayed.
– Added a new mouse control type that is less sensitive to unintentional movement when controlling the Focus Camera with the mouse.
– Added a “Friends Can Join” option to the Private Session Settings.
– Various bug fixes, including localization-related issues.
Capcom saw its most its best PC launch ever with Monster Hunter World as the game amassed over 330,00 concurrent players on launch day. More recently, Devil May Cry 5 launched in second place for Capcom at 77,000 concurrent players, beating out Resident Evil 2 which launched just a few weeks before it. The power of Monster Hunter is absolutely crazy, but it’s even crazier to see Capcom outdo itself on PC time and time again in such a short period of time.
Later this year, Monster Hunter World will get its first major expansion, Iceborne. If you still have yet to jump into Monster Hunter World, it’s available now on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.