Today Capcom released a new update for its massively successful action-RPG Monster Hunter World.
The update is numbered 1.05 on PS4 and 184.108.40.206 on Xbox One, and it features the following changes (listed on the game’s official site). The download is quite small, weighing only 82 megabytes on PS4.
- Fixed an issue where the error message “Failed to retrieve squad information. Please wait and try again.” would appear and squad features would not be usable. However, as a result of this fix, players who were affected by this bug will have all of their squad data reset. Additionally, players in squads whose squad leaders have their data reset will also see any affiliated data disappear the next time they log in. We apologize sincerely for the inconvenience, and ask that you reform squads or reinvite players whose data are lost.
- Fixed an issue where, rarely, uninvited non-squad members could join a Squad Online Session, or squad members could not join one of their own. Squad Online Sessions can still be joined by players outside of the squad via friend invite or Online Session ID search.
PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Fixed an issue where some players could not claim the item pack “5 Million Celebration Item Pack”. The availability for this item pack has been extended to February 22, 23:59 (UTC).
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, decorations would be lost.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when selecting items with the “Sell Items” option (from the item box inside base camp tents) by hiding the decorations tab.
- General changes were made to bowgun ammo.
- Increased the power of Normal Ammo (1, 2, 3), Pierce Ammo (1, 2, 3), and all elemental ammo (except Dragon Ammo).
- Decreased the power of Slicing Ammo, and reduced the effect it has when hitting other players.
- Reduced the maximum number of Slashberries you can hold in your item pouch from 60 to 30.
- Players can still use any remaining extra Slashberries if they currently have more than 30 in their item pouch.
- Readjusted the Elderseal calculation for dragon pods.
- Fixed an issue where information on endemic life would disappear from the Wildlife Map when moving about the field.
- Fixed an issue where the assignment “Flying Sparks: Tobi-Kadachi” would not appear on the quest board after departing on a different quest in the middle of speaking with the Chief Botanist just before the quest is first assigned.
- Fixed a rare bug that would cause players to lose control of their characters when completing a quest with certain start menu sub-menus open.
- The update will also include various minor bug fixes.
On top of the update, we also get a new detailed event and challenge quest schedule updated until March 1st. You can check them all out below.
The accompanying press release also included a date for the second Horizon Zero Dawn crossover quest, that this time will let us gather the required materials to craft the Aloy α armor and Aloy’s Bow.
It will be available from February 28th to March 16th, exclusively on the PS4 version of the game.
You can see a few screenshots of the new quests, including Aloy’s, in the gallery below.
The game is currently available for PS4 and Xbox One, with a PC version coming later this year in the fall. If you want to learn more about the game, you can read our review. Earlier today, we learned that the game’s shipments have now passed six million worldwide.