Moon Knight Powers, Abilities, and Marvel Origins Explained
Moon Knight hits Disney+ on March 30th!
The first official trailer for Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight has arrived and superhero fans are pretty hyped up about it. However, for Marvel fans that have never read the original Moon Knight comics, you may be wondering what his powers and abilities are.
With the Marvel Cinematic Universe continuing to grow, it’s important to keep up with all of the new characters, shows, movies, and more. So, to make things a little easier, here is everything you need to know about Moon Knight before it hits Disney+ on March 30th.
- READ MORE: E3 Digital Event Reportedly A Mess And “Probably” Cancelled
Who Is Moon Knight? Origin Explained
In the upcoming Disney+ Show, the character of Moon Knight will be played by Oscar Isaac. But the masked vigilante has been around long before Oscar Isaac, first appearing in ‘Werewolf by Night #32’ in May, 1975.
Moon Knight has a long list of nicknames and aliases, but his real name is Marc Spectator, a mercenary who was left to die in the middle of a desert before being revived by the Moon-god known as Khonshu.
From this point onwards, Marc Spectator became Moon Knight and was appointed as Khonshu’s high priest who would go on to protect those who travel at night. Marc also suffers from dissociative identity disorder, which has seen the character create multiple different personalities over the years.
- READ MORE: Modern Warfare 2 Reportedly Releasing Early Due To Poor Vanguard Sales
Moon Knight Powers and Abilities In Marvel
Many of Moon Knights powers and abilities come from his many years in the military and his martial arts training. Due to this, Moon Knight has the following powers and abilities:
- Marc spent many years as a professional boxer and martial artist, meaning he is an expert in hand-to-hand combat.
- An expert pilot due to his years served as a U.S Marine.
- Strong detective skills and great knowledge of the criminal underworld.
- Weapons master and marksman expert.
- A strong threshold for pain due to many years of damage to his body.
- Moon Knight’s multiple personality disorder has also allowed him to develop telepathic resistance.
Moon Knight premiers on Disney+ on March 30th, 2022.