More Details Revealed for Cloud Strife in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, Will Be Available Later Today
One of the most surprising announcements made during the general Nintendo Direct was the inclusion of protagonist Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS.
Plenty of new information has been revealed for the fighter during today’s presentation for the brawler title, including an extensive look at his moveset and Midgar stage:
- Cloud’s Side Smash is 3-hit chain attack, a unique attack given to him.
- His Advent Children costume has a version with the sleeve covering his Geostigma on his arm and a version without the sleeve.
- Cloud’s Limit Break is a charge gauge similar to Little Mac’s KO gauge. His Down Special is called Limit Charge which charges it. When filled it slightly increases stats and for a short while replaces regular attacks with Limit Break versions.
- Final Smash is the famous Omnislash.
- In the Midgar Stage the summons Ifrit, Leviathan, Ramuh, Bahamut Zero and Odin will appear, each having a unique attack and effect on the stages.
- Cloud will be available later today for $5.99
- As a bonus Geno from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars will be a Mii Fighter costume. Mii Fighters will also get an adorable Chocobo hat.