Famitsu leaks are funny things. Initially, you’ll get the basic news, and everyone goes, “Wow, that’s awesome!” And then, by time that sinks in, suddenly there’s an explosion of details for the game that comes up a few hours to a day later. Myself, I’m rather excited about the influx of Persona news in the last day or so, so I’m going to cover the crap out of every last detail of this information.
More details have come to light about the PlayStation Vita remake of Persona 4, so let’s take a look at what we’ll be able to get our hands on next year, shall we?
Here’s a list of features confirmed for Persona 4: The Golden, for the PS Vita. Note the use of the system’s uber-connectivity abilities.
- A new character named Marie will be introduced. She’s a “mysterious girl” who appears to the main characters.
- If you’re about to die in a dungeon, you can request the aid of other players by sending out an S.O.S.
- There are many new event scenes (regular cut scenes) and anime movie scenes.
- 50% more voice acting than the PS2 version, which likely includes these new scenes I just mentioned, plus many of the original scenes that were pertinent to the story but weren’t voiced in the original game.
- New personas.
- New outfits for the characters.
- 3G and wi-fi support (likely just for the above-mentioned online feature).
- An element highly requested by fans (no details beyond this were given).