All the Konfirmed Mortal Kombat 11 Characters from Today's Reveal
Lots of new characters have been revealed as part of today's Mortal Kombat 11 reveal live stream, including some fan favorites and completely new characters.
Today during the full Mortal Kombat 11 reveal after its announcement at The Game Awards 2018 we got konfirmation for 5 characters who are new/returning to the franchise.
Before today we only had confirmation of Scorpion (because of course) and a darker version of Raiden. Shao Khan is a pre-order bonus that was leaked via GameStop Italy. Mortal Kombat X, released in 2015, had 33 characters by the end of its DLC run, with eight in the base game being completely new to the series.
The character selection screen featured 25 characters and seventeen stages, though only seven characters and three stages were shown during the event’s gameplay videos. Players can select custom outfits created by themselves or other players, with each character having three customization slots for cosmetics.
Returning characters shown in today’s event include:
- Sub-Zero: a series regular. Fatality has him freeze all but his enemy’s head. He then decapitates and crushes their frozen head.
- Baraka: an NPC during the events of Mortal Kombat X, Baraka is now playable complete with sharp bone appendages to pierce his enemies. His fatality includes him ripping the face off of his foe, removing the front of the skull, and taking a bite out of their brain. Baraka first appeared in Mortal Kombat II.
- Sonya Blade: Another series regular. Her fatality can include complete bodily destruction via helicopter blade, fulfilling all of our fears about those high-speed blades. This time she is played by former UFC fighter and current WWE star Ronda Rousey who was rumored for the role prior to the announcement.
- Skarlet: A fan-favorite is returning with her blood manipulation. Her fatality showed her taking blood out of eyes and mouth of her foe, turning them into piercing rods, and pushing one through the head with an eye attached to it. She was in the series reboot, Mortal Kombat (2011), but was absent in Mortal Kombat X.
A new character announced as part of the live stream:
- Geras: a new character who has some sand and time manipulation abilities, he appears to be allied with the main antagonist Kronika for this entry. She has control over time and is against the Thunder God’s interference in the timeline. Geras’ fatality includes pushing the foes brain through the front of their head along with their face.
Kung Lao and Liu Kang were featured in the trailers but no gameplay was shown of them yet. Antagonist Kronika is sure to be playable as well but unfortunately, we’ll have to wait to see her in action. There was also a brief tease of Kabal in the live stream, but we’ll have to wait until January 30 to know for sure. Mortal Kombat 11 is shaping up to be the bloodiest in the series as evidenced by the official gameplay trailer.
Mortal Kombat 11 is set to release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC on April 23, 2019.