Yet another Battle Royale game has come into the playing field, but this one does look slightly different to the usual royale-style most of us are accustomed to from Fortnite and PUBG. Mortal Royale, by developers Star Vault AB, is a battle royale game on a massive scale in a fantasy environment, and soon you’ll be able to get your hands on the game in a closed alpha state.
Developer Star Vault has announced that a closed alpha for Mortal Royale will be taking place in the near future before the game heads to Early Access in the beginning of next year, and players interested can sign up for the closed alpha on the official Mortal Royale website.
In Mortal Royale, you are thrown in a world with 1000 other players with the eye of a deadly tumultuous storm that is slowly creeping in on you all. Apparently, you seek out and acquire mounts to give you speed and an advantage point on the crowded battlefield. As with all battle royale’s, you need to find loot and in this game, it’s no different as you try and scavenge things like armor, weapons, bows, and magic, with only the most powerful claiming the champion title at the end when the storms settle.
The features that lay within Mortal Royale:
- World’s largest battleground.
- Battle Royale on a massive scale with up to 1000 players in a match.
- Melee, Ranged, Magic and mounted combat.
- No registration required, simply log in with your steam account.
- Deep combat system with individual hitboxes all with their own armor mitigation.
- Hundreds of different weapon combinations.
- 21 Different armor sets with up to 10 individual pieces that can be mixed in million combinations.
- 60+ powerful spells.
- Free to play
- Ancestry character customization with lots of options
The gaming industry is teeming with Battle Royale style games that include the likes of H1Z1, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4,Battlefield V, andStormdivers, but will Mortal Royale sink into the background with all those big names in front of it, or will it be able to hold its own on the gaming battlefield?
Mortal Royale will be heading to PC – for a closer look at the game, you can check out the new trailer below detailing the closed alpha: