The folks at Codemasters are doing their best with their DiRT Rally Steam Early Access period, since it started on April 27. They added a lot of new features and cars in the game’s latest update.
DiRT Rally’s v.0.7 update allows you to participate and challenge others in officially licensed FIA World Rallycross events. The update also introduces three new cars, wet weather and new drivers.
Here is a list highlighting the important changes and additions included in the new update:
- A new World RX track – Hell, Norway
- New Rallycross drivers including, Liam Doran and Petter Solberg
- Wet weather for all Rallycross tracks
- Three new cars: DS3, MINI Countryman Rallycross and Subaru WRX STI
- Brand new Wager Daily Event
- Some new advanced gamepad options
- Added a “Very Early” option for your Co-Driver calls
- A frankly amazing set of Hints and Tips for you to read during loading screens
- Removed the additional time penalty when the Off Track Reset Countdown expires and upped the limit on the timer
- We’ll now show you your ‘Fastest lap’ onscreen for an entire Rallycross Event
- Clutch Override which will give you the ability to use your clutch to override the automatic gearbox clutch
- *bleep bloop* new achievements
- Added a toggle for ‘Clutch Override’, which allows you to override the automatic clutch (allowing for clutch kicking)
- ‘Advanced gamepad options’ are now available for joysticks… Yup somebody out there is playing DiRT Rally with a joystick
- Message added indicating if you’ve missed the entrance or exit of the joker lap.
- Optimised all routes for Lydden Hill so it chugs less
- Graphical Improvements to all stages on the Holjes Circuit as well as the routes for Powys, Wales and Pikes Peak
- Those excessive gravel surface sounds have been toned down – which should also help with stuttering audio
- Fixed an issue where the Community delta time splits were being incorrectly shown in the Pant Mawr stage from Wales
Check out the multiplayer trailer below:
DiRT Rally still doesn’t have a release date for its full version, but you can join now in Steam’s Early Access.