Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order announced today that a new expansion titled “Natural Disasters” will finally add its namesake to Cities Skylines this winter.
The following features were detailed for third expansion:
- Deep, Impactful Gameplay: Keep your city going through the devastation of several possible doomsday scenarios, from towering infernos to the day the sky exploded
- With Great Power Comes Great Response Abilities: Plan for, and respond to, disasters using early warning systems, countermeasures, and new disaster responses such as helicopters and evacuations – finally, a Paradox game where “Comet Sighted” actually means something
- Radio Saved the Video Game: Citizens can go Radio Ga-Ga with a new broadcast network, helping to rapidly spread evacuation warnings and emergency alerts – or simply relax to new in-game music stations
- An Objectively Good Feature: Scenario Mode allows players to design custom game objectives, including custom starting cities, win conditions, time limits, and more – and share scenarios to Steam Workshop
- Chirpocalypse Now: Heck yeah, new hats for Chirper
You can watch the announcement trailer below. Cities Skylines is currently available on PC, Mac, and Linux.