Naughty Dog’s Artists and Designers Gathering for Special Panel Event in California; Live-Stream Available Tonight
With several beloved franchises and series behind them such as Jak and Daxter, Uncharted, and The Last of Us, all eyes are on Naughty Dog as the studio works to complete the studio’s latest title, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, and as such many of the studio’s employees are giving a behind-the-scenes look at what day-to-day life at the company is like.
As previously mentioned by team members from Naughty Dog, employees from the studio will be gathering tonight in Hollywood, California to host “Headspace: An Evening with Naughty Dog,” a special panel event featuring artists and designers from the studio to give fans and spectators a more intimate look at day-to-day life and work inside the company.
Hosted at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects, Games, and Animation in Hollywood, ten of Naughty Dog’s artists and designers will be in attendance at the event, with the following team members confirmed to appear:
- Ana Cho, Texture Artist
- Christophe Desse, Technical Artist
- Alice Gionchetta, Texture Artist
- Hans Godard, Character Technical Director
- Yibing Jiang, Character Shading Artist
- Aaron Limonick, Concept Artist
- Adam Littledale, Environment Modeler
- Andrew Maximov, Artist
- Neilan Naicker, Dynamics Artist
- Adam Scott, Character Artist
The event is scheduled from 7pm – 11pm PDT in Hollywood, California: the panel is free and open to the public, and tickets are available for the event by clicking here – however, seating is on a first-come, first-served basis, so RSVPing may not necessarily guarantee you a seat, depending on capacity.
The panel event will be broken down into a series of three panels with Naughty Dog’s artists and designers, with the topics and times below (in PDT):
- 7:00 – 8:00 pm: Game Character Creation Panel: Hans Godard, Yibing Jiang, Adam Scott
- 8:10 – 9:10 pm: Video Game Environments: Ana Cho, Alice Gionchetta, Aaron Limonick, Adam Littledale
- 9:20 – 10:20 pm: Technical Art: Christophe Desse, Andrew Maximov, Neilan Naicker
- 10:30 – 11:00 pm: Q&A Session
After the panels, a Q&A session will be hosted, and in the interim between panels, students and artists are also encouraged to take part in portfolio reviews by the Naughty Dog staff in attendance.
As a disclaimer though, the event page does mention that current projects from the studio will not be discussed, so while Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End may not be discussed at the event, it’s still an incredibly valuable opportunity to learn from some of the industry’s greats.
“Headspace: An Evening with Naughty Dog” will take place in Hollywood, California tonight from 7pm – 11pm PDT: tickets for the event are available here, while a livestream of the event to also take place starting at 7pm, which you can find by clicking here.