NBA 2K22 Current-Gen Update and Patch Details Today (October 5)
The latest NBA 2K22 update is now live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One!
A brand new NBA 2K22 update was deployed for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One earlier today (October 5), with a rather hefty download size across both platforms.
It was only a few short days ago that PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S received a substantial NBA 2K22 update, but now it appears that current-gen consoles are also receiving some love too.
Here’s everything we know about the latest NBA 2K22 update deployed on October 5 for current-gen consoles.
- READ MORE: NBA 2K22 Review – Take The Shot
NBA 2K22 October 5th Patch Size
As mentioned previously, the latest NBA 2K22 update is now live for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and users are reporting a rather large download size for the new patch.
PlayStation 4 users can expect a 28GB patch download, whilst Xbox One users will find a new 33GB patch ready for download.
Fans are expecting plenty of big changes considering the size of today’s patch.
NBA 2K22 Patch Notes (October 5th)
Below you will find the official patch notes for the October 5 NBA 2K22 update, this patch is exclusive to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players.
Current Gen Patch Update 1.4 – 10.05.21
- Continued stability and performance improvements have been made to enhance the overall experience.
- You now have the ability to obtain Skill Boosts directly from your in-game phone no matter where you are on the Cruise Ship.
- Perfect Release SFX now have descriptive names to make equipping them a more simplified process.
- Zoom adjustments to the Broadcast camera, based on community feedback.
- Addressed an issue where the user would sometimes appear over the ocean when accepting an invite to the Cruise Ship.
- Slightly increased the ball drop speed in MyTEAM.
What’s New In Today’s NBA 2K22 Update?
UPDATE: According to Twitter account 2KIntel, players on current-gen are now able to buy boosts directly from their in-game mobile phone since the latest update.
However, the latest patch will likely include continued stability improvements and plenty of bug fixes. Don’t expect any new features or gameplay changes in today’s update.
One thing fans are hoping for is the return of custom shirts after they were previously removed due to players creating inappropriate designs.
There are plenty of other bugs in the current-gen version of NBA 2K22 that could be fixed today. For example, the official Reddit Page for NBA 2K has a dedicated post with bugs they would like to see fixed.
Just some of the many bugs that could be fixed in the latest current-gen update could be:
- Alley-oops are too easily intercepted, defenders jump unrealistically high to block them.
- Quests to win Rookie of the Year and MVP are not completing for some players.
- Some players are stuck on a black screen after NBA games and post-game interviews.
Once more details emerge on the new NBA 2K22 update, we will update this article. In the meantime, check out the official NBA 2K Sub Reddit post to take a look at what bugs could be fixed in today’s patch.
- READ MORE: Xbox Responds To Console Crashing Issue When Playing NBA 2K22, Madden 22, or FIFA 22