NBA 2K22 Next Gen Update and Patch Notes Today (September 22)
A fresh patch for next-gen consoles has arrived!
UPDATE: A further update for next-gen consoles has been deployed for NBA 2K22 today (September 22), this article has been updated to include details on the most recent PS5 and Xbox Series X|S as well as the previous update for current-gen consoles.
ORIGINAL STORY: A brand new update for NBA 2K22 was deployed earlier today (September 20) for current-gen consoles.
Although NBA 2K22 isn’t even two weeks old yet, numerous patches have been deployed since its release for both current and next-gen platforms.
Many of these updates aim to fix various bugs and glitches that have been present since the game’s release. And today’s update doesn’t look to be any different, here’s what we know about the brand new update for NBA 2K22.
- READ MORE: Where Is The Purser’s Desk For VC Endorsements In NBA 2K22?
NBA 2K22 – Update (September 22) Next Gen
Below you will find the official patch notes for the brand new NBA 2K22 update that was deployed on September 22 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
New Gen Patch Update – 1.5 – 9.22.2021
- Additional stability improvements in an ongoing effort to improve your user experience.
- Fixed an issue that was causing City/Rec/Pro-Am/W Online games to disconnect either before the game started or at the conclusion of the game.
- Addressed an error code issue that was preventing specific MyCAREER saves from being able to load into the City.
- Significantly improved loading speed when re-entering the City from a building interior (Apartment, Rec, Pro-Am, Event Center, etc.).
- Improved framerate when navigating the City on the Xbox Series X console.
- Traditional broadcast cameras are now available for use in MyNBA once again.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some MyNBA Online saves to overwrite other pre-existing saves.
- Gym Rat and On-Court Coach badges are now correctly being applied to all badge loadouts.
- Increased the velocity required before a player jumps/falls into or over the first row of the crowd via momentum.
- DJ Booths will no longer allow for tipping when in the proximity of a quest NPC.
NBA 2K22 Update (September 20) Current Gen
Unfortunately, there won’t be any new content included in today’s update.
The developers have already stated that no gameplay changes will be coming to NBA 2K22, as the general consensus from fans is positive surrounding this year’s release.
However, one thing fans have been vocal about is the large number of bugs and glitches present in the game. To combat this, Visual Concepts have been releasing a steady stream of patch updates to rectify the issues.
Today’s update appears to be rolling out on current-gen consoles, with many players reporting a patch size of 22GB. With the last current-gen update rolling out on September 16th for PS4 and PC, it’s possible that the same patch is now being deployed for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
If that is the case, fans can expect the update to simply include stability fixes with no gameplay changes.
Should more details emerge on the latest NBA 2K22 patch, we will update this article.
- READ MORE: How To Become A Starter In MyCareer In NBA 2K22