NBA Jam: On Fire Edition...and a Treat
EA has unveiled a new NBA Jam game! See…I knew they didn’t abandon the franchise! The only difference with you’re “On Fire Edition” is it will be a digital download releasing on the PlayStation Store and the Xbox LIVE Arcade in October. New features including new gameplay enhancements, “ground-breaking” artificial intelligence, and new game modes. Better yet, the feedback of fans was actually taken into consideration on this digital title according to EA Sports line producer, Trey Smith.
“EA SPORTS continues to support this iconic franchise through a new digital download and we’re taking everything fans loved about the original and adding a host of new features. We’ve listened to all of the feedback from our fans and we are driven to deliver the very best NBA JAM experience to date.”
But I’m sure you only care about the new stuff right? Thought so. Below you can see exactly what gameplay features are new
· REAL AI: Featuring the ground-breaking AI system used in the Fight Night franchise that learns your tendencies and throws them back in your face.
· JAM Arena– Play solo, or team up with friends and take on the world in a new, dynamic online competition.
· Road Trip – A cooperative online campaign where you can team up with friends and compete in a series of white-knuckle challenges against the current superstars and timeless legends from each of the 30 NBA Teams.
· Tag Mode and Team Fire return! – Swap players “on the fly” and ignite your entire team by performing consecutive cooperative moves!
· More NBA JAM Hotness – Online roster updates, more NBA superstars, legendary NBA players, over-the-top animations, JAM challenges, secret teams and unlockable characters than ever before!
EA Sports have also spoken of their next NBA title. No name or title was given but this basketball simulation will release in 2012. Could we see yet another NBA Jam iteration or will 2K Sports and their 2K NBA series finally have some competition?