Neverwinter ‘The Cloaked Ascendancy’ Update Now Available on PS4 and Xbox One
A massive new content update is now available for Neverwinter on PS4 and Xbox One. The new update titled The Cloaked Ascendancy brings a new zone, new campaign, a new dungeon and more.
Perfect World and Cryptic Studios recently announced that a new update titled ‘The Cloaked Ascendancy‘ is now available for their MMORPG, Neverwinter across PS4 and Xbox One. The update, which brings a completely new zone, campaign and dungeon was released on PC back in February.
Here is a brief breakdown of the content you can expect in the new update:
Adventurers return to Neverwinter following the events of Storm King’s Thunder to honor a fallen friend in the recently reclaimed River District. The ceremony is interrupted by a mysterious band of mages from the Far Realm, led by Gyrion the Ascendant, who look to carry out an evil plot to disrupt the city. The River District, a new adventure zone, sets the stage for players to uncover the Cloaked Ascendancy’s evil plot, complete an all-new campaign, battle in a new skirmish, conquer a new, high-end Spellplague Caverns dungeon and more. The list of the new features in The Cloaked Ascendancy includes:
- New Adventure Zone: Following its recent reclamation, the River District becomes home to the Cloaked Ascendancy, with various areas reflecting the mage occupying them.
- New Campaign: Reclaim the River District from the Cloaked Ascendancy one quest at a time to help return it to the bustling economic center it was before the eruption of Mt. Hotenow.
- Spellplague Caverns Dungeon: The Cloaked Ascendancy culminates in a return to an original Neverwinter location for a master dungeon where players will face off with members of the Cloaked Ascendancy. Both the new master and returning levelling versions of the dungeon yield new loot.
- New Skirmish: “The Illusionist’s Gambit” offers a dynamic challenge for both max and low-level adventurers. Enemies, settings and challenges will shift randomly each round, creating new experiences every playthrough.
- New Artifact Weapons: Players can earn four new weapon sets harnessing the power of the Cloaked Ascendancy mages. Harness the power of the Far Realm with the Mirage, Fey, Lifeforged and Aboleth weapons.
Neverwinter is currently available as a free-to-play MMORPG on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.