New ARK: Survival Evolved Update Adds “Infinite” Number of Procedurally Generated Maps to the Game
Studio Wildcard released update v248 for the PC version of ARK: Survival Evolved. This update is a big one, as it adds an “infinite” number of procedurally generated maps to the game.
Players can also determine different landscape options such as the heights of mountains and depths of valleys, the number of lakes, rivers, and oceans, and what biomes are present in the world.
The update also adds three new Dinosaurs to the game, along with a few other small tweaks. You can read the full patch notes below:
- New Feature: Procedurally Generated ARKs! Generate your very own totally unique, customized or randomized world!
- New Dinos: Kaprosuchus Paludentium, Diplodocus Insulaprincep, and Chalicotherium Obsideoquus
- New Mechanics:
- You can now directly wield your weapons when mount-riding smaller Dinos!
- Explorer Notes
- Tree Platforms now have +70% HP and +50% resistance to explosive damage
- Neuter/Spay Option for Tamed Dinos (irreversible!)
You can watch a new video that covers the contents of the update below. ARK: Survival Evolved is currently playable on PC and Xbox One, with a PS4 version coming in the future.