New Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Patch Released; Kill Trading Removed
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare has recieved a new patch that removes the game's Kill Trading feature from public matches.
Today developer Infinity Ward released a brand new patch for its first person shooter Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.
One major highlight from the patch is the removal of the kill trading feature from public matches, which would cause two players to die if they both received the same amount of damage at the same time, while at the same health. Infinity Ward said that due to the enormous amount of negative feedback received, it will only be available in custom games from now on.
In addition to that, a number of different features were also added and fixed. Some highlights include fixes for three different weapons and for the Uplink game mode, various changes in the game’s new zombie map Attack of the Radioactive Thing, and the addition of Epic Gun Game, which is a spin on the normal Gun Game, but with Epic rarity weapons, instead of normal ones.
You can check out the full list of patch notes below:
General Fixes and What’s New
- Genesis is now back in rotation
- CTF has been removed and Epic Gun Game has been added (thru July 21st)
- Hailstorm – Ordinance: Akimbo rate of fire has been reduced to match the rate of other pistols
- M.2187: Fixed issues with some challenges not working as intended
- M.2187: Adjusted the Smart Show attachment from 8 to 5 pellets (does not change the effectiveness of the attachment)
- Players were able to join the Competitive playlist using FTL Payloads and Traits (Phase Shift, Perception, and Super Charge), which are now restricted to match the CWL ruleset
- Uplink: Fix for an issue where the drone could fall between the hay stacks outside of the barn and force a time out on Throwback
- Added the Proteus, Trek-50, and M.2187 to Gun Game and Epic Gun Game
- Fix for players being able to use the secondary modes on hybrid weapons like the Type-2, RPR Evo, and the EBR-800 in the Competitive playlist
- Various map fixes
Attack of the Radioactive Thing
- Pack-a-Punch Axe now track progress correctly for bounties
- Traps now correctly track progress for bounties
- Charges fuses can now be turned in while holding an upgraded weapon
- Various weapon bug fixes (Proteus, Volk)
The update should be available to download on all platforms right now, even if the Attack of the Radioactive Thing is available only on PS4 for now, so those changes apply only to Sony’s console.
Last week Activision released a brand new trailer for the game’s newest DLC Absolution.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare was originally released on November November 4th, 2016, and is available on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC.