New Gameplay Trailer for No Man’s Sky Gives First-Look at the Long-Awaited Multiplayer
The NEXT update for No Man's Sky is finally slated to roll out next week and with it will finally bring multiplayer to the game's vast open world.
Ever since the launch of No Man’s Sky back in 2016, there’s been one element that players have long been asking for Hello Games to add: multiplayer. Finally, this ability to play with friends will be arriving in-game next week.
Hello Games today has released a new trailer that puts an emphasis on this much-requested element of No Man’s Sky and shows just what you can expect from playing with others. This is the first gameplay footage that Hello Games has released regarding multiplayer and it also shows off the new third-person perspective that you can play the game in.
In addition to multiplayer, this NEXT update will be bringing with it a variety of other drastic overhauls to the world of No Man’s Sky. Some of those other changes that are highlighted in today’s trailer are as follows:
New Multiplayer Mode
- Team up with a small group of friends to explore the universe together, or joined with random travellers online
- Help friends stay alive, or prey on others to survive
- Build shelter or complex colonies together to share with your team
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online
Extensive Visual Overhaul
- Play in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship
- Gaze on planetary rings and improved space visuals that make space more beautiful than ever
- Explore dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds that bring the environment to life
- Enjoy significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings
Unlimited Base Building
- Build bases anywhere on any planet, with hundreds of new base parts added to the game
- Create bigger and better bases than ever before, with dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits
- Architect and own multiple bases
Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter
Send your fleet out to into the universe or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system
Build a truly custom capital ship with improved freighter base building
Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge
You can find the new multiplayer video for No Man’s Sky below. The NEXT update is slated to roll out next week on July 24, which happens to be the same day that No Man’s Sky will be arriving on Xbox One. Currently, you can pick it up on PS4 and PC.