New Patch and Interrogation Mode for The Last of Us Detailed in Patch Notes
A new patch has arrived to The Last of Us, one that comes with several fixes and an all-new mode: Interrogation Mode.
First, the patch details.
Patch 1.03 comes with a slew of fixes, which include cinematics in the cutscene viewer, allows players to prevent special executions so that enemies score less points, Matchmaking being more effective, and preventing too many items being given to players after comebacks.
The Interrogation Mode is a new Multiplayer game mode, which pits teams of four on four tasked with finding their rival faction’s lockbox. To do this, players have to interrogate up to five enemies; they’ll also need space and time to get enough information, since interrogations are longer than special executions. If you’re on a team where information on your lockbox has been stolen, you are tasked with defending it from the rival faction by laying traps and working as a team.
Below are the details in full: Naughty Dog encourage players to report on any issues on their technical forums, and to post thoughts on the patch in the forums. Participating will earn players a “cool, digital The Last of Us prize.”
Patch 1.03 Notes
- Fixes for “It’s me” and “By any means” cinematics in the Cutscene Viewer.
New game mode — Interrogation
- Interrogation is a 4v4, two-part objective game mode where rival factions vie to find and open the other faction’s lockbox, stealing the supplies inside. Each team must first achieve five interrogations of players on the other team.
- Players can get interrogations by shivving an enemy, or getting an enemy into the down state, then pressing triangle while next to them. Once your team collects five interrogations the location of the enemy’s lockbox will be revealed. Your team must attempt to open the lockbox before the other team can collect five interrogations and open your lockbox first. Whichever team opens the opposing team’s lockbox first wins.
- Revive range has increased slightly (about 1 meter). It’s more difficult to crawl out of range when a teammate is reviving you now.
- Players can prevent opponents from finishing Executions/Interrogations so that the opponent does not receive Parts for the special Execution/Interrogation. The downed player will still lose their life, but this makes preventing Executions/Interrogations more helpful to your team, as you prevent the other team from gaining Parts.
- Matchmaking update: players should find opponents around their level of experience more often, and teams should be balanced more evenly.
- Item cache locations adjusted for balance on University, High School, Lakeside, and Downtown.
- Starting cameras adjusted so they show your player with greater frequency.
- Item cache disbursement tweaked so additional items are given out more fairly.
- Winning a Survivors match by a count of 4 rounds to 0 now means your team will get more bonus parts for winning the match by that margin. This applies for games with scores of 4-1, 4-2, etc. as well. Rewards are tiered by how dominant your team is. This system is in place for Interrogation mode as well.
Source: The PlayStation Blog