New PS4 Controller With Xbox-Like Stick Layout and Touch Pad Announced by Hori
Hori previously released its FPS-dedicated PS4 controller with Xbox-like asymmetrical stick layout HoriPad 4 FPS, but that one didn’t have a touch pad, making it pretty much useless with quite a few games.
The Japanese manufacturer decided to make it up for that by announcing a new one, named Horipad FPS Plus, and you can see what it looks like at the bottom of the post. It will be released in Japan in July for 4,580 yen ($37) plus taxes.
Here are a few official details shared by Hori:
- Equipped with a clickable touch pad, it’s compatible with a wide range of games.
- Metallic finish.
- Affordable price.
- The sticks apply constant pressure on the finger in order to ensure precise aiming.
- Pressing the dedicated button on the back causes sensitivity of the sticks to be lower, allowing finer targeting. There are three levels of sensitivity.
- Custom button mapping is possible.
- Stick sensitivity has been improved, now movement won’t be sudden as soon as you move the stick a little, allowing smoother operation.
- Turbo feature for directional buttons, face buttons and triggers.
- Size: 62 mm × 115 mm ×63 mm.
- Weight: 240 g (including cable), 170 g (excluding cable).
- Cable lenght: 3 m.
- It doesn’t include the light bar, the motion sensor and the headphone jack.
- Compatible with PS3 as well.