Today, during the YouTube Live broadcast hosted by Geoff Keighley, God of War Director Cory Barlog provided a few more tidbits of information on the new God of War game, that was announced during Sony’s press conference.
Below you can read a recap of what he shared:
- The gameplay is being re-imagined, but the storyline is being continued within Norse Mythology.
- We play as Kratos for the whole game.
- The game is set “many years aftr God of War 3
- It’s a much more intimate and player-controlled experience.
- The accessibility should be the same as previous game, but the gameplay is totally different.
- It’s a big game, but it’s not an open world.
- “More to come” on more characters that will be included in the game.
- The game will be released “soon,” not this year.
- Quicktime Events won’t be included in the same way they were in the previous games.