New Splatoon 2 Update Released; Mostly Adds Bug Fixes
Splatoon 2 has received a brand new patch and, while it doesn't add any new content to the game, it does fix a ton of bugs.
Nintendo has done a fantastic job constantly updating Splatoon 2 in the form of new weapons, maps, Splatfests, and patches, and it seems like they aren’t stopping anytime soon. The house of Mario has officially released a brand new patch for the third-person shooter and, while it doesn’t add any new content, it does fix a few bugs for the game.
The patch, which is numbered 2.1.1, most notably fixes an issue which would cause overtime in Clam Blitz to end early, however, even this bug would only occur during very specific circumstances. Another bug that was fixed includes one that would cause the Inkjet special to not cause damage, however, just like the first this was also incredibly rare. League Battle also included a now-fixed bug which caused the Highest League Power to not be added to the ranking list if there was a poor connection. Finally, players will no longer be able to hide from the Ink Storm on certain maps.
You can check out the full, detailed patch notes straight from Nintendo at the end of the article.
Splatoon 2 was originally released on July 21, 2017, and is available exclusively on Nintendo Switch. The new patch is available to download right now.
- Changes to Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue in Clam Blitz mode where overtime would mistakenly end too soon when the barrier timer expired.
- This occurred when the losing team activated the barrier timer and then took the lead, and the barrier remained open until the match timer reached zero.
- Fixed an issue where hitting an opponent standing on particular stage features with direct hits from the Inkjet special occasionally caused the shots to not explode or deliver damage to the opponent.
- We have fixed an issue getting into landforms when executing super jump from specific location to specific location in Port Mackerel.
- Changes to League Battle
- Fixed an issue where immediately after a team’s Highest League Power was updated, if results could not be uploaded due to a poor network connection or other reasons, that Highest League Power was not reflected in the online ranking list until Highest League Power was updated again.
- Other Changes
- Fixed an issue preventing weapon test targets in certain locations from taking damage from an Ink Storm.