Ever since its announcement, Batman: Arkham Origins has made polarizing headlines, particularly regarding elements from previous Arkham games that are and are not being left out of this latest installment. In a recent article published in Games Master magazine, Arkham Origins‘ developer, Warner Bros. Montreal, dished on some key gameplay and story elements present in the new game:
- Overall, the game plays exactly like Arkham City.
- Batman and Jim Gordon will meet for the first time.
- Legends of the Dark Knight served as the primary influence on the story.
- Certain story elements will not be divulged under any circumstances prior to the game’s release.
- This particular Batman is only about a fifth as capable as the Batman from Arkham City.
- Detective Mode has received a complete overhaul.
- Northern Gotham is what will eventually become Arkham City. New Gotham is akin to New York City’s SoHo or East Village.
Additionally, AllGamesBeta has released a large amount of new artwork and screenshots from the game featuring Batman, Black Mask, Deathstroke, and the Penguin. The entire gallery of which can be viewed below.
Batman: Arkham Origins is being developed by Warner Bros. Games Montreal and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, and PC. A PS Vita handheld version, Batman: Arkham Origins – Blackgate is being developed by Armature Studio.