New Super Smash Bros. Glitch Is a Dizzying Mess of Syncronicity
Ever wanted to control eight characters simultaneously in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U? Probably not. But with the newest glitch spotted by Reddit user Gluetendo, you can do just that. While it amounts to nothing more than a parlor trick, here is a step by step guide on how to accomplish it (assuming you have eight amiibos):
- Have 8 amiibo
- Use a controller that can “desync” (a GameCube controller preferably)
- Go to the 8-Player Smash mode
- Just move your joystick until the “Player #” or port space pops up.
- Click the name part of your port until it says “None”
- Remove your controller from the port or desync it
- Scan your amiibo
- Plug the controller back in
- Move your joystick again and now you will be the player in the next available space after your scanned amiibo.
- Repeat Steps 5-9 until all the Player spaces are filled with the 8 amiibo
- Go to the Settings (where Time or Stock and Item rules are)
- Exit that screen and start a game!
So what does this look like? Check out the below video by YouTuber DrowzeeSpaceman that shows off how hectic this can be: