New images and videos have surfaced regarding the upcoming Super Street Fighter IV. Those of you who have been eager to witness footage for the upcoming Capcom game will witness a couple of screenies depicting the new playable cast which are, without a doubt, very familiar. With the addition of well-known characters that are totally opposite of their racial generics (a constantly smiling Jamaican and a tall hulk-like Mexican) comes new modes and enhanced online play.
Not many people know about what upcoming modes the new Super Street Fighter IV is bringing, so I’ll shed some light on it for you bewildered bastards. Bite a towel… some of you might get a bit over-excited.
- Team Battles: Up to eight players can participate in 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, or 4 vs 4 team elimination battles.
- Endless Battle: Up to eight players can participate in an endless elimination online match where the winner stays on and plays against the next player in true arcade fashion. Spectators can also watch the match.
- Replay Channel: Players can view recorded matches and discuss the match while watching replays of great matches from players around the world. A nice way for you tournament whores to study your opponents if they record their stuff.
- Tournament Mode coming as DLC after launch.
- More classic Street Fighter characters re-imagines for a new generation of gamers, including favorites DeeJay and T Hawk.
- New challenger: mysterious female Juri is the character in Street Fighter history to utilize the Tae Kwon Do style.
- Bonus Stages: Return of the classic car and barrel bonus stages made popular in Street Fighter II both available in arcade and challenge modes – such as the Car stage and the Barrel stage – in which players must destroy the obstacles within a certain time limit.
- Every single playable Street Fighter IV character will be unlocked out of the box.
- Gameplay has been rebalanced to provide challenges for both noobies and veteran Street Fighter IV players.
Although the Street Fighter IV only provided me with a couple of days of entertainment before I got bored with it, I think this version will keep me entertained for quite some time – especially hoping they fix some of the online issues that plagued it beforehand. Below are some new images and a video of what’s to come. Will these new additions be enough to satisfy your appetite for ass kicking? Or are you bummed out with the Street Fighter franchise already?