New Update for Hollow Knight on Switch is Out Today
As promised a few weeks ago, Team Cherry has recently launched a new patch for Hollow Knight on Switch.
Hollow Knight launched last month on Nintendo Switch and since that time, developer Team Cherry has promised that a new update would soon be making its way to this version of the game.
Well, that update has finally come and is being pushed out starting today. The v1345 patch for Hollow Knight mainly cleans up a variety of bugs that Team Cherry found with the game after its release on Switch. Additionally, Team Cherry made mention that they will be adding controller rebinding to the Switch version of the game, but it won’t arrive until the release of the Gods & Glory content pack.
In other Hollow Knight news, it was announced that the title sold over 250,000 units on Switch a mere two weeks after launch, which is incredibly impressive for a game made by the size of Team Cherry.
You can find the full patch notes for today’s update of Hollow Knight below.
• Fixed an issue where save files would sometimes fail to load while Kingsoul is equipped
• Fixed an issue where striking certain invulnerable objects with a Nail Art could cause game to crash
• Fixed being able to soft lock the game (empty dialogue box) by hard quitting out after the final Nailsmith nail upgrade
• Fixed an issue that caused a mask shard to never spawn if a player dies in the same moment as killing Brooding Mawlek (this is a retroactive fix – players who missed the shard can now return to claim it)
• Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash if the player looks up or down while riding a big lift
• Fixed Shade spawn location in the upper section of Watcher’s Spire
• Fixed an issue where game could soft-lock when opening inventory after obtaining certain items, eg. Pale Ore, King’s Idol
• Fixed an issue with map pins not correctly disappearing once collecting all Essence from a Whispering Root
• Fixed an issue where player could get soft-locked by using Desolate Dive/Descending Dark to slam down onto a mysterious object in Beast’s Den
• Fixed an issue where player could get more Geo than intended from killing certain enemies with fluke spell (sorry!)
• Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in Lemm’s room by dreamgating in while Lemm is away
• Fixed a text display issues in the in-game map for certain languages
• Adjusted a Shade spawn location that was inaccessible to early players
• Fixed a bug where a Dreamshield could disappear after using Dreamnail on NPCs or objects
• Fixed monarch wings cutscene issue
• Fixed an issue where Zote still appeared in City of Tears while he is trapped in Deepnest
• Fixed splash reactions for Quirrel and Spa Buddies