New World Update 1.0.3 Patch Notes and Maintenance Time
New World's latest update completely finishes the server transfer framework puzzle.
New World Update 1.0.3 not only improves the game’s UI and stability but also implements the final pieces of the server transfer framework.
As a new trend among the MMORPG titles, New World had a strong beginning at launch in the case of the overall player base. With such a promising start, now the expectations are high for the future of the game.
- CHECK THIS OUT: LOL Arcane Jayce and Vi Skins, Patch 11.23 PBE Revealed
Since the game’s launch later last year, the developers have launched two major updates to fix the bugs and make the server transfer available for all players.
Hopefully, with today’s update, the server transfer framework is complete and it means the players will be able to transfer their characters to other worlds, but not right after the update.
As explained by the developers, they will monitor the framework after Update 1.0.3 launches, and if they observe no issues, the character transfer option will be activated only in Utopia in the Asia-Pacific Southeast region.
After monitoring the first character transfers if no specific issue is observed, the feature will be available for all the players around the world.
New World Update 1.0.3 Patch Notes
- Implemented final pieces of the server transfer framework.
- Added improvements to the World selection UI.
- Added clearer messaging when a player is kicked due to going AFK or violating the EAC.
- Added clearer messaging when stacked discounts are present, such as territory standing and faction discounts on property taxes.
- Implemented back-end changes to help our team investigate concerns around the client performance in War.
- Adjusted the respawn timer on Boatswain Ambrose and various other elite enemies throughout the world.
- In The Depths, Players must now be in the arena to damage Thorpe.
- An error message now appears when players attempt to buy their own items in the Trading Post.
- Reverted a chest/loot change from update 1.0.2 that was causing too many refining reagents to roll from chests.
- Adjusted the volume on the Amazon Games splash screen.
- Armor is limited to 1 skill perk per piece.
- Added general performance improvements for visual artifacts and graphics settings.
- Dyes are now removed from items upon trade with a warning message present.
- The Time to Declare War” timer now visually pauses to make it clear when an Invasion is imminent but not yet scheduled. Territory remains in a Conflict state after Invasions, and War can be declared.
- Fixed issues with the T4 and T5 azoth staffs— go close those high level portals!
- Fixed an issue causing the abandoning event notification to persist.
- Fixed a housing UI issue. The UI will now correctly shows that property taxes are subject to the full price of the home, and not impacted by the first time home buyer discount.
- Fixed issues with early game spawning. The watchtower respawn point is replaced by the Settlement after it has been discovered. Players no longer incorrectly respawn at a Watchtower after selecting to respawn at a Settlement.
- Fixed various localization issues throughout the game.
- Fixed an issue where not all items for Town Projects were consumed when completing the mission.
- Resolved login errors that prevented players from accessing their character.
- Fixed an issue that caused Arena keys to not drop as intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Runic Bear armor to not be appropriately dyed during Wars.
- Fixed a pet placement issue. Pets placed in an otherwise empty house now remain in the home after the player logs out, instead of returning the pet to the player’s inventory.
- AP Southeast servers now display the correct time zone in-game.
- Fixed an issue that caused Company invites to persist after decline/accept.
- Fixed an issue that caused Rajah spawns to stack forever – one big cat at a time, please!
- Fixed an issue that caused holding and dragging around the client while in windowed mode to constantly retrigger invincibility.
- Fixed an issue that caused taxes to not go into the controlling company’s treasury.
- Fixed an issue that caused penalty length for suspensions and bans to say “Over a year”.
- Fixed issues with companies not receiving some territory taxes.
- Worked to fix an issue where Wars and Invasions kicked off earlier than scheduled.
- Worked to fix an issue where not all settlement stations upgrade as intended when town projects are completed.
- Players should no longer become stuck when entering or exiting an instance. If a player reconnects and their character is dead, the respawn screen is open with respawn options available. Players who are currently stuck need to contact customer support to have their character unstuck.
New World Update 1.0.3 Maintenance Time
The maintenance for New World Update 1.0.3 has already started and it’s expected to end at 4 am PT on October 20 in the US West region. On the other hand, the maintenance will end at 6 am ET/10 am UTC/11 am BST/12 pm CEST on October 20 in US East, Europe, and AP Southeast regions.
New World is now available on PC through Steam.