New World Update 1.0.5 Patch Notes & Maintenance Time Today (November 4)
The upcoming update is set to go live at 7AM PT!
A brand new update for New World is set to be deployed later today (November 4), taking the game to version 1.0.5 and will include a long list of changes and bug fixes.
Here’s everything you need to know surrounding the November 4 New World update, including the full patch notes and full server maintenance schedule.
- READ MORE: Warzone Update 1.45 Patch Notes Today (November 3)
New World Server Maintenance Schedule (1.0.5)
Unfortunately, today’s New World update is going to come with some server downtime.
Downtime for patch 1.0.5 will begin at 7AM PT / 10AM ET / 2PM GMT and is expected to last for 3 hours. This means that players should be able to jump back in at 10AM PT / 1PM ET / 5PM GMT.
The server maintenance time may be extended should any issues arise. In the meantime, check out the November 4 New World update patch notes below to find out what’s changing.
- READ MORE: Apex Legends’ New Storm Point Map Is Designed To “Evolve” For Years
New World 1.0.5 Patch Notes (November 4)
Below you will find the official patch notes for the November 4 New World update, which now brings the game to version 1.0.5.
We know many of you have seen the pesky chat messages from players spamming messages, and we’re continuing to investigate solutions to this issue. We discovered that many coin sellers were creating new characters and transferring money to other accounts. To combat this, we’ve:
- Banned and suspended many of the reported accounts. Thank you for your reports for players spamming chat.
- Added restrictions to prevent player-to-player trading and currency transfer from characters under level 10, or whose account is less than 72 hours old. Logging in after your account is 72 hours old will enable your ability to trade and transfer currency once you’ve hit level 10.
- Redistributed coin value from some early quests to later in the Main Story questline, keeping the total amounts of coin earned the same, just delivered in quests slightly later.
- Trading Post usage will be restricted until new characters accept the “Introduction to Trading Post” quest in their first settlement.
We will monitor the impact this has on bots and the health of the game, and continue to adjust as necessary.
- Fixed a bug where players were able to duplicate items via storage sheds and crafting stations.
- We fixed the issue of gold duplicating on territory projects we introduced by disabling trading and made sure it would not occur in the future should we need to disable trading again.
- Life Staff: Orb of Protection
- Removed the small area of effects (AoE) that were triggering on passthrough from every hit of the base version of Orb of protection.
- AoE no longer triggers on passthrough from the Aegis upgrade, it will only trigger on impact against an enemy/object now.
- Reduced attribute respec coin cost by 60%.
- Reduced weapon mastery respec Azoth cost by 75%.
- Reduced coin cost of chisels by 20-50% depending on tier.
- To encourage competition in Outpost Rush, we’ve slightly reduced the Coin and Azoth rewards for the losing team.
- We have surfaced the War conflict progress bars on the map and the Faction Board when there is an upcoming Invasion, as you can still gain War conflict for your Faction.
- Identical Weapon Equipping: Players can no longer equip the same weapon type in both weapon slots. We want each weapon slot to have a different weapon type to open up combat diversity. This change also addresses issues which could occur when swapping between weapons of the same type.
- Group Scaling Passives: Fixed issues which could cause passive effects that scaled on the number of nearby foes, such as Bloodlust (Great Axe), Against All Odds (Hatchet), and Outnumbered (Warhammer), to apply incorrectly.
- Spell Strike Consistency: Fixed issues which caused several magic spells, such as Ice Storm and Gravity Well, to not hit consistently.
- Resilient (Item Perk): Fixed an issue that caused this perk to reduce all damage instead of just damage from critical hits.
- PvP Flagging: Fixed an issue that allowed PVP and PVE players to heal each other.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing players to get out of the starting Fort before the match starts.
- We now prevent multiple players from interacting with the Altar in Outpost Rush. This will prevent players from getting multiple summon tokens per 500 azoth.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the nameplates of summoned allies to appear hostile.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Battle Bread (the food buff in Outpost Rush) to be twice as effective as intended.
- Updated the tool tip for Battle Bread and Monster Slayer’s Stew to properly describe the buffs they provide.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck in a teleport loop if they teleported out of Outpost Rush while using /unstuck.
GENERAL BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue that prevented some people from joining Outpost Rush because they had a pending group invite.
- Repair kits should no longer require Coin to use.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused players to use the wrong consumable when using consumables from the inventory screen.
- Fixed various issues with Invasion status showing before the Invasion was declared.
- Updated missing English text for on-login pop up explaining housing tax compensation.
- Fixed an issue allowing magic weapons to animation cancel their primary attacks with weapon swap or targeting spells, causing rate of fire to be faster than intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused Ice Gauntlet upgrade Pylon Dodge to only work immediately after you placed the Ice Pylon.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a player to lose their house while offline during maintenance. In a future update, we will be reimbursing the players who encountered this issue. Exact details around the reimbursement will be in the corresponding update notes.
- Fixed an issue with enemy AI duplicating and stacking spawns during the quest “Shivering Timbers”.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to initiate a server transfer if they were in the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue causing the Trading Post to become unresponsive or delayed.
- Improved server performance when a large number of players congregate in settlements.
- Fixed an issue that caused some territory influence to not be properly recognized when lots of players turned in PvP missions simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue causing some player titles to show as <uninitialized>.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck while fishing with lag.
- Fixed the UI notification for landing in a hot spot while fishing.
- Fixed a localization issue where bonus crafting percentages for tools were displaying as 0% for non-English languages.
- Fixed the time in Europe to properly account for the change from CEST to CET.
- Fixed an issue preventing gear score to increase past 589 from drop rewards.
The fixes listed below are tentative fixes and mitigations. Our goal is to get these changes out and see if issues persist, so we can continue to work on them and address in a future update if necessary.
- Implemented a change to help us dig into the “timed out while waiting for server to describe world” issue, and added a fix to reduce occurrences of this issue while we continue to investigate.