Microsoft released another version update of the New Xbox One Experience for members of the preview program, and this one include several relevant fixes, shrinking the previously super-long known issue list to Lilliputian proportions.
Below you can check out the patch notes, courtesy of Program Manager Emily Hanson on the private preview forums:
OS version released: th2_xbox_rel_1510.151031-1900
Available: 6:00PM PST 11/2 (2AM GMT 11/3)
- Live TV Stuttering Fix (50mhz) : Fixed an issue that caused Live TV playback to stutter (more promiment with 50Hz content)
- Bluray/Upload Studio/Preview Dashboard: This build contains a fix that may help address issues causing Blu-ray, Upload Studio, and Preview Dashboard to crash.
- My games and apps: Fixed an issue that sometimes caused apps and games to fail to activate or timeout
- DirectTV: Fixed an issue that sometimes caused no audio in OneGuide for DirectTV when turning on the console
- Titles/Labels: Fixed an issue that caused “ms-resource” to show up on the labels of some titles and DLC
- High Contrast Mode: Fixed an issue where room noise could cause a false recognition turning on high contrast mode.
- Battery Indicator: Improved the accuracy of the controller battery indicator on home.
- Media apps: Fixed an issue that was causing a small number of media apps to occasionally crash or have poor performance
- Blank App Tiles: For some users, unlaunchable blank tiles containing only a background color and missing the title should no longer appear. Please use Report a problem if this issue still occurs for you.
- Game Fixes : Some titles (such as Forza Motorsport 6) will no longer fail to resume a suspended session after powering on the console in Instant-On mode.
FEATURED FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITIES
We have some new content for you, so be sure to check out the Preview Dashboard app for more details! Our highlighted feedback opportunity for this release is:
- Calendar Survey: We would love more feedback on the Community Calendar app. If you haven’t already, be sure to download it from Beta Games and Apps in the Preview Dashboard app, then take this survey!
And here’s the much shortened list of known issues:
Game and App Issues:
- YouTube: Videos in the “Purchases” section of the YouTube app will only play for about ten seconds before throwing an error.
General System Issues:
- Party and game chat: You may be unable to hear others when joining a party chat.
- Workaround: Switching to game chat should allow you to hear others correctly.
- Privacy Settings: Some users are experiencing an error message when they attempt to change their privacy settings on the console. The workaround is to do this from xbox.com
Looks like we’re getting closer. The New Xbox One Experience releases for everyone on November 12th.