New Xbox One Experience’s Update in Preview Drops Known Issues to One
The New Xbox One experience has been making strides in preview. Until a few days ago, the list of known issues was pretty much longer than the patch notes, but today’s patch dropped the snags to one.
Below you can read the patch notes by Program Manager Emily Hanson, from the private preview forums, while we wait for the impending release on November 12th.
OS version released: th2_xbox_rel_1510.151103-1900
Available: 6:00PM PST 11/5 (2AM GMT 11/6)
- Upload Studio: This build contains a fix to address an issue with some users being unable to install or update Upload Studio.
- Kinect Studio: Kinect Studio should no longer fail to launch.
- Powering off devices in Energy-Saving mode: Your devices (TV, AV Receiver, etc.) should now power off correctly when powering down the console in Energy-Saving mode.
- Launching games & apps in Instant-On mode: This build contains a fix to address issues with games and apps failing to launch due to “Do you own this game or app?” errors after resuming from connected standby.
- Adding friends: When adding a friend on a child account or with an account in which adding friends has been disabled, you will no longer see a generic error message, and instead will be prompted to enter your password.
- Party and game invites: This build contains a fix to address an issue which allowed multiple party or game invites to be sent in rapid succession.
- SmartGlass keyboard: The SmartGlass keyboard should no longer fail to register input in certain apps (Skype, UFC TV, VUDU, etc.).
- Achievements: When loading achievements, you should no longer encounter a white screen with no loading indicator.
- Wallpapers and custom backgrounds: This build contains a fix to address an issue with users being unable to set their background from a screenshot or achievement art.
FEATURED FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITIES:
Our highlighted quests for this release are:
- Mic Check: Test out adding commentary to your favorite clips
- Calendar Survey: We would love more feedback on the Community Calendar app. If you haven’t already, be sure to download it from Beta Games and Apps in the Preview Dashboard app, then take this survey!
General System Issues:
- Party and game chat: You may be unable to hear others when joining a party chat.
- Workaround: Switching to game chat should allow you to hear others correctly.