New Xbox One October Update Preview Fixes Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 5 Crashes and Live TV
If you’re a member of the Xbox One October update preview and you had trouble running Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Motorsport 5, with annoying crashes and freezes that seriously hindered your mile crunching, don’t worry, as help is on the way.
Microsoft released a new update preview version numbered xb_rel_1410.140928-2130, and it fixes the issue, alongside long reported problems with live TV.
Here are the full patch notes:
- When playing Forza 5 or Forza Horizon 2, you should no longer experience crashes during a race, or be unable to launch games following the crash.
- A fix for an issue some users reported regarding red flickering while watching Live TV
- We’re investigating an issue with Instant-On mode, where when signing-in the Home screen appears but the only twist available is Home. Featured, Friends, and Store do not appear, and Pins is replaced with a “Connect to live” tile, even though you are already connected to Live.
- Before using the workaround below to resolve this issue, please report this issue using the Feedback app (press the Xbox button on the controller and select Give Feedback).
- Workaround: Navigate to Settings > Network, and select Test network connection. The network test will run, and you will be prompted with a message that “It’s all good”. When you return to the dashboard all content should display correctly.
With the turning of the month, the new software update shouldn’t be too far from its public rollout (and this time around it’s a great update), so it’s good to see that the last few bugs are being ironed out before release.