Together with the new September preview update for the Xbox One, Microsoft just released update 2.4.1408.22100 of the Xbox One Smartglass Beta for Android.
The new version includes quite a lot of features, including the ability to record game clips directly from your smartphone, which is definitely useful for those that opted to buy their console without Kinect.
Below you can find the full list of new features:
- Share and post activity feed items.
- Post status updates to your activity feed.
- See your activity feed on your profile.
- Display messages in a new conversations view.
- Record game clips.
- In-app display of release and feature notes.
- Expanding to new markets.
- TV and OneGuide available in new markets.
The “Record that” option will appear directly in the “now playing” bar while you’re playing any game, as you can see in the screenshot below, allowing you to record game clips with a simple tap.
As usual, the preview update installed on the Xbox One may be necessary to use some of the new features of the app, which is available only for Android. iOS users will have to wait until the official release.
You can download the new version here.