Yesterday, Xbox Live Director of Programming Larry Hryb showcased an option to deactivate the startup chime of the Xbox One, and the good news is that, if you are a preview member, you can already use the option yourself.
A new update has been pushed to preview members, adding the option and bringing several fixes to the Xbox Universal Store. You can check the full patch notes below, courtesy of the private preview forums.
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160810-1700
Available: 6:00PM PDT 8/12 (1:00 AM GMT 13/8)
• Startup Chime
Thanks to the passionate feedback of the Xbox Global community, you can now modify, turn on, or turn off the startup chime! You’ll find three new options in Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.
• On (startup chime plays anytime the console is powered on).
• Only with power button or voice (startup chime plays when console is powered on via the power button or voice; does not play when powered on with the controller).
• Off (startup chime never plays)
• Xbox Universal Store
• This build contains multiple fixes to address crashes in the Store.
• Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause time based trials to display incorrect time remaining.
• Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause a “Try again later” error to appear when newly purchased content is downloading.
• Resolved an issue which could cause errors when attempting to purchase or play movies and TV shows.
Resolved multiple issues which could cause certain universal apps to fail to install.
• Game DVR
You should now receive a “storage is full” notification when attempting to upload a capture to Xbox Live if storage is full.
Resolved an issue which could cause certain games to fail to recognize the controller upon launch.
At the moment, we don’t know when the changes will be pushed to the general use base.