Microsoft released a new system software update for preview members, and there are good news for those annoyed by how fast achievement are displayed and disappear, often preventing from reading their description. I’m one of those, and being nearsighted does not help.
Here are the full patch notes:
OS version released: xb_rel_1504.150326-2200
Available: 1:00PM PT 3/28 (9PM GMT 28/3)
- Party chat robotic voices: This update contains a fix for the previous known issue of robotic voices sometimes occurring in Party chat. If you continue to encounter this issue, please report it via Report a problem on your console.
- Achievement notification adjustment: Based on Preview feedback, we’re slightly extending the time the Achievement notifications appear on-screen to allow you more time to read the description text.
- No audio when playing back voice message recorded with certain headsets: We’re aware of an issue you may be having with playback of voice messages and certain models of Turtle Beach headsets. The team is working on a fix for a future release.
- Some apps may encounter network issues: We’re aware of an issue affecting a small number of apps (such as Overdog) where you may be unable to connect to the app service. The team is engaged and working on a fix for a future update.
- Unable to speak in party: You may be able to hear others in a party or game session, but unable to speak. While we are working on a fix for a future update, please try these two workarounds:
- Workaround 1: Drop from the party and ask the party leader to re-invite you.
- Workaround 2: Disband the party and create a new one.
- No audio when playing back voice message preview: You may hear no audio if you click “Play back” immediately after recording a voice message. While we are working on a fix for a future update, please try these two workarounds:
- Workaround 1: Send the message without a preview.
- Workaround 2: Re-record the voice message.
FEATURED FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITIES
- Voice Message Quests: Now that Voice Messaging is here, we want you to try it out! Check out the Xbox Preview Dashboard app for two quests on Voice Messages to take a tour of the new feature and give us your feedback.