Nex Machina Getting Closed PC Beta Starting on April 21st
Today, Finland-based developer Housemarque announced that its upcoming arcade-style twin-stick shooter, Nex Machina, is getting a closed PC beta starting on April 21st that will run until May 1st. A beta for game’s other platform — PS4 — was not announced.
The beta will be available to only a few hundred participants, who will all be chosen at random. Alas, your chances are pretty slim, but if you’re interested you can sign up here.
Interested but don’t know if you’re rig can handle the game (which does boast some fancy tech)? Well, here are the PC requirements published by Housemarque:
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 or AMD FX-4300
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: 4 GB Video RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 390
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 1 GB available space
- Input type: Xbox360 / XboxOne / PS4 controller / Keyboard and Mouse
- Additional Notes: Requires SSE 4.1 support from CPU (Doesn’t run on Phenom II)
All chosen applicants will not be able to livestream their sessions, but they will be able to capture video and upload said footage onto YouTube starting on April 27th, 3 p.m. CET.
Nex Machina is set to launch sometime this summer on PS4 and PC.