NieR: Automata’s First DLC Confirmed for Western Release; Gets Direct Feed Screnshots and Videos
Square Enix gives another look at the upcoming DLC for NieR: Automata, including direct feed screenshots and videos.
Following today’s reveal of the upcoming DLC for NieR: Automata, Square Enix confirmed its western launch via press release, also disclosing more details.
The DLC will be titled “3C3C1D119440927”, and will include three new colosseums to challenge, on top of additional sub-quests.
Completing those these quests will allow players to earn various rewards, including:
- Costumes from the previous Japanese release, NieR: Replicant, for androids 2B, 9S and A2.
- Records that add special music tracks to the players’ jukebox.
- New equipment and cosmetic accessories such as hairspray that allows you to change the color of 2B and A2’s hair.
- Masks with unique “on equip” effects.
- Special bullets that change the appearance of enemy bullets.
The costumes are named “Revealing Outfit” for 2B, “Young Man’s Outfit” for 9S and “Destroyer Outfit” for A2.
It’s worth mentioning that during the livestream from Japan a release date was announced for the local market (May 2nd), the English press release included no launch date, simply mentioning “soon.”
Below you can check out a direct feed version of the screenshots released earlier, plus two videos of the DLC content. We get a better look at the boss battle against Square Enix CEO Yosuke Matsuda and PlatinumGames CEO Kenichi Sato, at the colosseums battles, and at the costumes from the original NieR.
Recently, Square Enix announced that NieR: Automata overtook a million shipments worldwide. You can also read our full review, and how Famitsu readers rated the game a definitely flattering 93.3 in average.
NieR: Automata is currently available for PS4 and PC.