NieR Replicant Upgrade New Details Revealed via Famitsu
Famitsu published new details on NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… through a new interview with Yoko Taro, Yosuke Saito, Keiichi Okabe, Takahisa Taura, and Kazuma Koda.
The upcoming NieR Replicant game and the NieR series altogether has a huge feature in this week’s Famitsu Magazine, celebrating the 10th anniversary of the franchise. The feature includes a fan poll revealing which characters are the most beloved (by Famitsu readers who took the hassle to vote so it’s not that representative), photos of popular cosplayer Enako cosplaying 2B, and new artwork. It also includes an interview with Producer Yosuke Saito, Director Yoko Taro, composer Keiichi Okabe, Takahisa Taura, and concept artist Kazuma Koda. The interview reveals new details on NieR Repilcant ver.1.22474487139… . Here are the details summarized thanks to Game’s Talk. Most of it is elements we’ve heard about, but we’ve got some new bits of info too:
- NieR Repilcant ver.1.22474487139… isn’t supposed to be a remaster but more like a new upgraded version of the game. Nonetheless, the cutscenes’ screenplay and camerawork didn’t change, akin to what a simple remaster would do.
- The main appeal of the game will be its additional parts, and this is what the development team is spending the most effort on.
- The gameplay will be slightly more action-like so it’s more enjoyable for those who like NieR Automata.
- Takahisa Taura is supervising the action gameplay part. In the interview, he explains he likes the original NieR Replicant the way it is and personally doesn’t want to change it much. But Yoko Taro, Yosuke Saito and Toylogic wish to change it.
- The music of the game was all rerecorded, and the songs, chorus, etc are of higher quality. Longer versions of certain songs were added. The new additional parts will have brand new music, and a lot of voiced lines, probably with the previously mentioned characters voiced by Yui Ishikawa and Natsuki Hanae.
We might update this article with more details once we’re done rummaging through Famitsu ourselves.
Famitsu also included new details on Nier Reincarnation. Read about it here.