Nintendo Launches New v5.0.0 Update For Wii U
An update for the Wii U system has been released with some improvements that will change the way you receive notifications from Nintendo. In addition, it also includes a new “quick launch” menu which allows you to jump back into the last things you were using. The entire list of details released by Nintendo are shown below.
Version 5.0.0 Update:
- A Quick Start Menu is now displayed when users press the GamePad POWER Button or HOME Button to power on the Wii U.
- Users can start recently played or newly installed software directly from the Quick Start Menu. *1
- Wii U GamePad Alerts (special notifications from Nintendo) can be displayed on the GamePad when the Wii U is powered down.
- Users will be notified when an audio ringtone when a new GamePad Alert is displayed.
- GamePad Alerts that have been received can also be viewed through the Quick Start Menu *2
- System updates will now automatically install after download when the Wii U is in Standby.
- The User Settings screen now displays when users select their User Mii from the Wii U Menu.
- The design and layout of the User Settings screen has been updated
- This includes the ability to switch the active user from the User Settings screen
- Quick Start Menu options have been added to Power Settings
- Wii U GamePad Alert options are located within the Quick Start Menu options
- A Notification icon is now available on the HOME Menu, allowing users to launch the Notifications feature from the HOME Menu.
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
(*1) The Quick Start Menu is only displayed when the Wii U GamePad POWER or HOME Buttons are pressed. Other controllers, such as the Wii Remote Plus and Wii U Pro Controller, will continue to power on the Wii U.
(*2)Wii U GamePad Alerts are different from the notifications received via the Wii U Notifications feature. Wii U GamePad Alert settings can be changed via Power Settings located in System Settings.