Nintendo Launches Surprise Nintendo Direct Micro Broadcast; Bravely Second, Chibi Robo, and More Confirmed for North America
With E3 just about two weeks away, the anticipation for some of the gaming industry’s biggest reveals and huge surprises is nearly upon us – luckily though, Nintendo seems to be jumping the gun a bit by bringing some fairly big announcements in a small package.
Following yesterday’s Japanese Nintendo Direct broadcast, Nintendo has followed up yesterday’s video with a brand new Nintendo Direct “Micro,” providing a large number of announcements confirming several titles for release in the US later this year and in the future. A breakdown of the news from the bite-sized Nintendo Direct has revealed:
- The sequel to Bravely Default, titled Bravely Second, will release for North America in 2016.
- Chibi-Robo: Zip-Lash and an accompanying Chibi Robo amiibo figurine will release in October for North America.
- Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure releases for 3DS on June 11th in North America, featuring the new “cure-all” gameplay feature.
- Puzzle & Dragons Z and Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Edition will both be receiving two new free unlockable worlds, with new content to follow on a weekly release schedule.
- Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon releases for 3DS in North America this winter.
- New content for Splatoon will release at 7pm PDT, including a new map and weapon: the N-Zap ’85 (inspired by the original NES Zapper) and the new Port Mackerel map for Turf War.
- Art Academy: Home Studio Wii U will provide time-lapse videos of players’ works, along with a $4 discount for those that previously owned Art Academy: Sketchpad. The title will release on June 25th.
- Bandai Namco’s upcoming Project Treasure will release in North America.
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games is confirmed to release for Wii U and 3DS this summer, in August 2016.
Nintendo’s full broadcast of the Nintendo Direct Micro featuring all of these announcements is available below: