Nintendo Weekly Downloads are...Explosive
There may not be many options to choose from in this week’s selection of downloadable games for the Wii, but what’s available is pretty awesome. In paticular I remember Bomberman Hero being pretty fun, though how much of that is nostalgia is up in the air since it’s been so long since I played it. Hit the break for the full list of this week’s games and the description of each from Nintendo.
- Heavy Fire: Black Arms – 500 Wii Points
– Heavy Fire gives players a classic arcade light-gun experience, enhanced with stunning graphics and exciting new features. Destroy the biggest weapon cartel, Fuerza de Voluntad, which is influential all over the continent. Team up with a friend and experience an immersive co-op mode. Enjoy dynamic minute-to-minute game play in various weather conditions and settings in the heart of a jungle. Smash objects and interact with them.
- Soccer Bashi – 500 Wii Points (Demo now Available)
– Experience soccer of the future. Destroy the defender blocks and smash the ball into the goal to win, but watch for the enemy defenders out to destroy you. A built-in game editor offers unlimited level design possibilities. Play through the 90 built-in game levels in several different play modes, including Arcade and Customizable Tournaments. Special Power-Ups and Super Power-Ups including lasers, bombs, flaming power balls and multiple balls and bats can help (or hinder) you on your way to the goal.
- Bomberman Hero – (Nintendo 64) – 1,000 Wii Points
– Bomberman returns in his own full-on action game. One day, out of nowhere, a spaceship crash-lands on Planet Bomber. Journeying to the Peace Mountains to investigate, Bomberman encounters Pibot, the dazed robot pilot. According to Pibot, the evil Garaden Empire attacked Primus Star and kidnapped Princess Millian from Pibot’s escape ship. Hearing this, Bomberman vows to save the princess, even if he has to travel the length of the galaxy to do it.
- G.G Series Horizontal Bar – 200 DSi Points
– This is a new type of action game that will have you swinging and jumping from bar to bar, just like the parallel bars in gymnastics. Grab onto a bar, add momentum to your swing by pressing left or right on the +Control Pad, then jump and spin to the next bar by pressing the A Button. Gauge the force of your swings and the timing of your jumps just right to cross the course in the fastest time possible.
- GO Series EARTH SAVER – 500 DSi Points
– A giant meteorite is headed straight for Earth. Land your spaceship on the meteorite and set explosives to break off small pieces so the rock breaks up in Earth’s atmosphere. Chunks of meteorite that are too big will smash into Earth, wiping out mankind. As an explosives expert, you can plant a series of bombs to create chain-reaction combos, easily blasting off chunks of rock the size of houses. You’ll also need to tackle the many strange alien life forms you encounter by either blowing them up or cunningly blasting around the piece of rock they’re standing on so they fall with the meteorite. Can you save Earth from obliteration and secure the future of mankind?
- Jelly Car 2 – 500 DSi Points
– JellyCar 2, the hit driving platform game, is here and fully loaded with three game modes and more than 30 levels. Post high scores, best times and longest jumps in the Hall of Fame. In Classic mode, drive your squishy car and use your special abilities to drive through squishy worlds. In Factory mode, guide the falling parts into matching chutes, tap the levers to open different pathways and guide each part down the conveyor belts. In Long Jump mode, you’re going for distance and speed – watch out for objects that can slow you down, and look for objects that can help give you a boost!