Another New No Man’s Sky Patch to Be Released for PC
Following the release of No Man’s Sky‘s content update earlier this week, titled the “Foundation Update“, comes a new patch designed to fix a number of smaller issues for those on PC. Posted to the game’s Steam page earlier today, the update is for those players who’ve encountered bugs preventing progress.
In particular, the patch promises to fix problems with NPCs who refuse to engage in conversation, thus denying mission critical dialogue, and another bug that caused important Exosuit inventory items to mysteriously transfer to the Starship.
New features also include a notification that will pop up to alert users to any installed, unsupported mods, better support for Azerty keyboards, and the ability to acquire a blueprints that are already owned.
While the aforementioned issues will no longer happen to those who’ve just begun, players that have already been affected will need to wait for the next patch for a fix.
The game’s patch 1.1, released just three days ago, brought in three game modes (normal, creative, and survival), and gave players the ability to claim a home planet and build a base using a series of modular elements and decorations. Alien lifeforms became recruitable to crew the outpost, and it became possible to teleport to the home base from space stations.
The new update is “coming soon.” In the meantime, check out a full list of changes below:
– Following reports of some people experiencing issues with the game while unsupported mods are installed, we’ve added mod detection which will show a warning screen on loading when mods are detected. A click or button press will dismiss this screen.
– Allowed remapping of the build menu and quick menu commands to support Azerty keyboards.
– Fixed an issue which, in some rare cases, prevented NPCs from giving you mission critical dialogue.
– Fixed a bug which could cause core items to be transferred from exosuit inventory to starship inventory. Note: this is a preventative fix and won’t fix the issue for those who have already experienced this bug. We have a cure for those who have experienced on the way, it’ll be released in our next patch.
– Following player feedback, we have clarified messaging when being given tech that you already know.
– Fixed a number of rare crashes (if you continue to experience crashes, please send a crash report and include your crash dumps).
– Fix for monitor detection on PCs with 3rd party remote desktop or screen sharing applications.
– Running the game via the .exe file should no longer give Steam Init errors.