Hello Games has released a new patch for the PC version of No Man’s Sky today. Aside from various bug fixes, like those that make your character small, space battles now vary in size, with full notes detailing “bigger battles” for players.
In addition, more administrative fixes are being introduced, like audio and navigation tweaks, and missing underwater ruins will now no longer disappear during missions.
This update comes just weeks after two improvements to the game were released days apart from one another. The last update improved problems related with NPCs and inventory items, whereas the “Foundation Update” before that brought in three game modes (normal, creative, and survival) and gave players the ability to claim a home planet and build a base.
Regardless of what players may think of the game, it’s had to deny that Hello Games is still dedicated to fixing its problems. The full notes for the patch released today can be found below:
- Fixed a bug that would make the player character small.
- Space battles will now vary in size more and players should see bigger battles.
- Fixed the instantaneous death loop that could occur in survival mode if you saved with 1 health and no hazard protection. You will still be on the verge of death when you load in, but it won’t happen instantaneously.
- Fix for steam controller not being able to warp.
- Removed up, down, left, right as quick menu navigation keys to allow left handed players to move while using the quick menu.
- Page Up and Page down can now be used to navigate up and down in the quick menu.
- Removed duplicated planets from discoveries menu.
- Fixed an issue with redeeming promo ships in survival, which would result in the ship being spawned above the ground.
- Fix for missing ruins underwater which could cause missions to point to nothing.
- Various audio tweaks and fixes:
– Added ladder climbing sounds.
– Fixed base building prop sounds not playing when placed inside a Freighter.
– Added sound effect for calling Freighters.
– Added sound effect when using communication stations.
– Fixed an issue which could affect ambient sound in Freighters.
– Changed the sound effect when using the Terminus Teleporter.
- Fixed some rare crashes.