Nvidia 496.76 Driver Update Patch Notes (November 16), BF 2042 Improvements
More DLSS improvements applied for Nvidia GPUs in Battlefield 2042.
Just a few hours earlier, Nvidia released Game Ready driver update 496.76 for its GPUs that fixes a bunch of issues with multiple titles including Battlefield 2042, according to patch notes.
Battlefield 2042 is now available through Early Access for EA Play subscribers and those who own the Gold or Ultimate Edition of the game. However, the game is not well-optimized as most players report various bugs and crashes in the game.
- CHECK THIS OUT: 5 Best Specialists in Battlefield 2042 for Beginners and Pros
While the official update for Battlefield 2042 is yet to arrive, Nvidia has launched a new driver update for its GPUs today that improves the overall performance of the game when DLSS is on.
As explained in the patch notes, this new update maximizes the DLSS utility in improving the game’s overall performance on Nvidia-powered PCs. Also, it reduces latency by applying some fixes to the Nvidia Reflex option.
Below, you can take a look at the patch notes:
Nvidia 496.76 Driver Update Patch Notes
- Provides the best day-0 gaming experience for Battlefield 2042, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS and maximize performance and NVIDIA Reflex to minimize latency.
- WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship/WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship: The games crash on launch.
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Textures in the game may flicker.
- Transport Fever: The game crashes upon launch.
- Transport Fever 2: Null pointer exception occurs in the display driver.
- Quake 2 [RTX]: Image corruption occurs in the blurred (bloom effect) background.
- Far Cry 6 [DirectX 12][GeFOrce RTX 3070 Ti]: With ULTRA + DXR + HD textures set, the game crashes at 4K.
- Detroit Become Human: Random stuttering/freezing occurs in the game.
- Red Dead Redemption 2: The game crashes with TDR or the system crashes while running the game.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War: The game randomly crashes.
- Marvel’s Avengers Xbox Game Pass for PC version: Game may randomly crash during gameplay.
Keep in mind that only the RTX GPU series support the Nvidia DLSS feature. So, this update might not help you much if you are using a GTX GPU. However, we suggest you install the latest driver always.