Capcom opened their official site for Dai Gyakuten Saiban: The Adventures of Naruhodou Ryuunosuke, which is the recently announced spin-off title from the Ace Attorney series. New screenshots and character art can be found on the page, which revealed two new characters: Sherlock Holmes (yes, that detective) and a mysterious girl by the name of Iris Watson.
The characters’ profiles (translated by GSR) from the site stated the following:
- Ryuunosuke Naruhodou: The protagonist of the game. A student at one of Japan’s imperial universities in the capitol, a certain case pushed him to become an attorney. In order to learn the ways of the new justice system, he takes his burning sense of justice in hand and transfers to England.
- Susato Mikotoba: A young woman who works as a legal assistant supporting Ryuunosuke due to “certain circumstances.” A progressive, foreign-mystery loving Yamato Nadeshiko.
- Sherlock Holmes: The world’s most famous detective. Though his skills of observation and deduction are incredible, he occasionally goes too far into the realm of speculation – a veritable “Reasoning Rampage.” The meeting between this great detective and that rookie attorney will bring a grand turnabout down on England’s courts.
- Iris Watson: A young girl living with Holmes. Although she’s only 8 years old, she holds a medical degree and is the author of the extremely popular novel series “The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.” Some say her skills of deduction surpass even Holmes’….
In addition, some new scans revealed even more information about the title and series Director Shu Takumi (credit to GSR for the translation):
- Ryuunosuke begins the game in Japan, where as a college student he’s involved in a certain case that puts him on the path to becoming a formal attorney. To better study law, he transfers to England along with Mikotoba, where he meets Holmes.
- Most of the story will take place in London, with Japan serving as the setting for Ryuunosuke’s first case.
- Court and investigation proceed in mostly the same way, but during investigations Ryuunosuke and Holmes will use “joint reasoning” – a system where, as Ryuunosuke, you must point out any inconsistencies in Holmes’ rapid-fire reasoning. (The example shown is Holmes accusing a witness of being a certain revolutionary.)
- Part of the reason they settled on 3D was to allow for a very dynamic camera to match Holmes’ high-speed thinking. Takami jokes that Holmes really set the stage for the game!
- Takami has a deep love of the Sherlock Holmes stories, so he’s trying to respect the character. Holmes is described as falling somewhere between the “storybook Holmes” and a “real Holmes” – a man who focuses maybe too much on his investigations, but isn’t a bad person at heart.
- Ryuunosuke and Holmes’ meeting is a key point of the game.
More details on the game and a new trailer will be announced on September 18th, the first day of Tokyo Game Show. You can check out the gallery below for all the new screenshots.