Onrush is Mixing it Up With Game Modes in New Gameplay Trailer
Onrush is due to launch next month, so Codemasters have pushed out the latest trailer detailing four of the game modes we can expect to see at launch.
The upcoming arcade racer from Codemasters, Onrush, has released a new trailer detailing four action-packed game modes that are coming to the title at launch. This comes after their open beta announcement nearly three weeks ago.
Onrush is a fast-paced, action-heavy racer with takedowns designed to keep the races as destructive as possible. A Rush ability is unique to each vehicle. Developer Codemasters designed the ability to keep races speedy. On top of that, there’s a “Stampede system.” This Stampede system will respawn drivers right into the action ensuring that the races keep the carnage going.
Here are the details for the four game modes coming to the title,
- Overdrive: This mode encourages speed, forcing players to fight over boosts and then use them up to speed to victory.
- Switch: A team-based mode where players will hunt down their opponents, and gain increasingly stronger vehicles.
- Countdown: Racing against the clock by speeding through gates. This adds seconds to the teams overall time is the aim here.
- Lockdown: Racing for control in a moving zone is how this game mode works. Therefore, plays like a King of the Hill, free-for-all frantic dash.
Onrush is available for pre-order and has a Day One Edition which includes a Vortex Buggy vehicle to be used in the game. Players after a little bit more can get their hands on a Deluxe Edition which comes with the following:
- Eight deluxe vehicle designs
- Two track tombstones
- One deluxe Crashtag
- Eight additional vehicle designs for PS4 users (Blue themed liveries)
- Eight additional vehicle designs for Xbox One users (Green themed liveries)
- The Vortex buggy that’s available with the Day One Edition
Those who may wish to keep updated on the progress can find behind the scenes videos on the YouTube channel. Here’s their second episode where they discuss gameplay and tracks.
Onrush is due to arrive on June the 5th 2018 and will be available on Xbox One, and PS4. Check out the Game Mode trailer below:
This post contains affiliate links where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales. Any and all support helps keep DualShockers as a standalone, independent platform for less-mainstream opinions and news coverage.