Today, Wolcen Studio released a new trailer for Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem, its PC game which has been in Steam Early Access since March of last year.
Built in CryEngine and currently boasting a “Mostly Positive” Steam User review ranking, Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem is an open-world action-RPG where you play as a former office of army of the Human Republic, forced to flee the death penalty because of magic powers you have had thrusted onto you. Being tracked and hunted by humans and monsters of the Wild, you’re soon recruited by a mysterious group of Templars and begin on a journey wandering the world fighting inhuman, mutated monsters hoping to discover the terrible secret of the extinguishing mankind.
According to the developer, Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem features dynamic, fast-paced combat that emphasizes weapon-based combos, dodging, dashing, hacking, slashing, and spellcasting. The game has no class restriction, but rather uses a “resource opposition system” that adapts to any play-style.
Below you can check out the game’s lengthy “key features” list courtesy of its Steam Early Access lisiting:
* Under development and will be added to the game during the early access
- Dynamic combat system: fast-paced combat system with weapon-based combos and charged attacks. Dodge, Dash, Hack, Slash and unleash devastating spells on your enemies !
- Open World: Discover the world and enjoy it at your own convenience
- Exploration and experimentation is rewarded with new powers, attributed according to your play style!
- Free character development – No class limitation. You have three resources: Rage and Umbra interact with each other, thanks to the Resource Opposition System, in order to balance gameplay.
- Rotating Passive Skills Tree: A deep and innovative way to taylor your play style !
- Custom player: choose your gender and customize your player, skin color, hair, beard, eyes etc.
- Randomly Generated Dungeons for infinite replayability
- Element-based spells will react to the environment and to other active elements in the area. For example, lightning will spread in water and stun targets; Fire will spread unless water or frost gets in the way, ect.
- Multiplayer mode*: Dungeon Challenge and Co-Op
- Apocalyptic Form*: According to your play style, you will develop special powers for your character, changing their abilities and look. Fierce melee warriors may gain a third arm to equip with a new weapon; a fire caster will have their skin turn into lava, healing from fire. Even wings and horns might appear depending on your actions!
- Tons of Loot: Weapons, Armor, Potions and randomly generated magic effects for more gameplay diversity!
- Asymetric Armor System: We love asymmetric armor, and we want you to be able to customize your gear down to the finest details! You will be able to equip different shoulders and arm protection on the left and right side of your character, bringing a great number of personalization options!
- Housing: Create your own house and proudly showcase your special gear!
- Rotatable and customizable Camera: Have a new point of view, choose the best angle and discover hidden details.
- Dungeon challenge*: Transform a special part of your house into a dungeon and challenge other players to survive the onslaught!
- Time of day cycle with dynamic weather: You must adapt to the time of day. Some quests will only be achievable a certain hours, while the night is full of dangers. The rain will make your electrical powers more efficient.
- Mature story full of secrets to discover exploring the world.
- Kythera AI system: The automatic real time navigation adaptation of Kythera adapts to any change in the physics of the world, allowing us to create exciting scenes including large portion of levels collapsing or moving and fighting on the back of giant creature*, creating never seen before gameplay situations!
- Semi procedural Weaponry*: Blades, pommel and guard details can be randomized for more unique gear in the game!
- Advanced Crafting mini-game*: Build your own weapons and armors thanks to a complex and challenging module in Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem is available for $19.99 USD. It currently has no concrete release date. But as mentioned above, it does have a new trailer which you can check out below: